Staff Needed for Farmers Markets
JOB DESCRIPTIONStrippaggio sells premium Extra Virgin Olive Oils and Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegars. We have over 20 products that are incredibly delicious and used in virtually every part of a meal, from appetizers to the main event to dessert.
We are looking for people to work farmers markets on Saturday and/or Sunday mornings for about 4-5 hours/market, depending on market hours. Partial availability is fine. Training pay is $15/hour for 2-3 markets where we'll work together. After that, it's $20/hr plus potential sales bonuses of up to 2 hours pay.
JOB REQUIREMENTS:Have a car, room in the car to transport market equipment and materials (ie bigger than a mini cooper) and valid drivers license
- Have some sales experience
- Ability to lift 40 pounds or so to set up and break down the tent
- Track inventory and sales at the beginning and end of the market
- Set up, work the market, break down
IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- Extremely friendly and outgoing--it's the worker's job to make sure that we engage every person walking past and let them know what we're selling.
- Able to and happy to start conversations with people, find out what they need, and how we can meet their needs.
- Passionate about food and knowledgeable about basic food preparations
- Organized and efficient: they can set up and follow a system that keeps supplies in consistent places.
- Able to multi-task and deal with multiple customers at the same time
EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org WITH INTEREST AND RESUME.
More info about our products:
Our olive oils are "fused,” meaning the flavors (Basil, Garlic, Lemon) are crushed together with the ripe olives immediately after harvesting, resulting in deeper, truer and more intense flavors and aromas. Our oils are heart healthy and full of anti-oxidants and polyphenols.
Our premium barrel aged balsamic vinegars are sourced from Modena, Italy where up to seven different varieties of grapes are crushed, mixed with grape must, concentrated wine vinegar and fresh wine vinegar, aged in oak barrels, and fermented until the taste is flawless and approved by the master vinegar maker.
All of our products are sustainably grown, non-GMO, and use all natural ingredients. We sell via our e-commerce site, farmers markets, and wholesale.