How to Enjoy Strippaggio!
Everyone knows that oil & vinegar makes salads special – 2 parts oil to one part vinegar, a little salt and pepper and voila – salad dressing!
Well – we’ve prepared a few more ideas for using these flavorful oils and vinegars on all sorts of foods. These are just a few examples of some of our customers favorites, plus a few of our own. As you grow more comfortable with our oils & vinegars, you’ll discover more ways to make your life more flavorful.
- Vegetables come alive! Coat oil (Blood Orange, anyone?) over broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes and almost anything else. Add your favorite spices and roast as usual. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar (Dark Barrel Aged or Fig are two of our favorites!) before serving.
- Dipping bread – Many of our customers use our oils for dipping every day! Choose our robust or sweet single varietals such as Arbequina, Mission Blend and Nocellara, or try one of the flavored oils such as Rosemary or Italian Herb. Add a few drops of Dark Barrel Aged Vinegar for a memorable taste. Make sure the bread has a great crust!
- Desserts can be so simple – But the flavor is unexpected! Drizzle a little vinegar over berries, ice cream or pound cake to add a sweet taste bite. Hard to argue with Chocolate but Peach, Blueberry, Fig and the Dark Barrel Aged work great too.
- Are you a baker? Try substituting olive oil for butter for healthier and tastier cookies, pies and cakes. And you can add some of our flavored oils for even more options. One favorite – Blood Orange in Brownies. ‘Nuf said.
- Pasta – Prepare as usual – boiling water and salt. Drizzle Mission Blend over pasta before adding your favorite sauce, or add a flavored oil, fresh herbs and great shredded cheese and you’re ready to eat. Basil is a favorite as are Garlic and Roasted Onion!
- Sandwiches – Drizzle flavored oils and vinegars on your favorite sandwich for a new tasting experience. One of our favorites is Fig over turkey and mozzarella. And maybe a little sliced tomato. And perhaps a little Italian Herb.
- Popcorn – Pop the corn using Rosemary oil, then drizzle a little more Rosemary after it has popped. The flavor is subtle, but everyone loves it. Some folks recommend Italian Herb as well.
- Eggs – Cook in oil instead of butter for a healthier breakfast or use a flavored oil to bump up the taste. Try a little Rosemary or Garlic to really charge your taste buds. And of course there's the Jalapeno.....
- Meats and poultry. Brush some oil on before roasting or BBQ’ing, then sprinkle with a little vinegar right before eating. All the vinegars work well, but Cask10 is just so syrupy sweet, and Pomegranate adds a cool fruity vibe! Rosemary before cooking chicken and a drizzle of Fig vinegar after cooking is divine!
- Fish – A little oil goes a long way during roasting or sauteing, and a topper of vinegar such as Fig or Lemongrass drizzled on at the end adds a taste dimension that’s perfect. Persian Lime or Lemon oil adds a citrus sparkle!
- Salads – Last but never least, change your flavor profile every time you make a salad – mix and match. We love Lemon & Cranberry Pear, Blood Orange & White Barrel Aged, Basil & Lemongrass. What’s your go to pairing?